Front-end engineering and design is the work required to produce quality process and engineering documentation of sufficient depth, defining the project requirements for detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction of facilities and supporting a ±10 percent project cost estimate. This distinct project phase is typically used to:
- Conduct hazardous operations reviews
- Develop the engineering design packages that can be used to bid a lump sum EPC scope and / or provide the foundation for the detailed engineering phase
- Evaluate options that will improve the return on assets (ROA)
- Prepare cost estimates for scope definition and for project funding
- Support internal funding requirements
OptimEyes? Delivers Client Value for Process Plant Facilities during Front End Design
OptimEyes, a MasterPlant? Life-Cycle Solution, is a proprietary front-end engineering tool for plot optimization and preliminary layout, used to quickly evaluate design options for cost optimization of process plant facility designs.
Used on engineering studies, pre-FEED and FEED activities, OptimEyes enables the rapid creation of conceptual 3D plant models along with automated routing, equipment creation and material quantity downloads. Fluor's multi-disciplinary design teams quickly create and evaluate multiple “what-if” scenarios, selecting and refining for the optimum facility arrangement.